A brief summary for future reference...
- Thu/Fri (Wellington/Auckland/Shanghai/Vienna/London): Staying at Yotel, Heathrow Airport.
- Sat (London): Staying with Caroline & Paul; British Museum - 'Sunken cities: Egypt's lost worlds' - absolutely amazing exhibition; Old Thameside Inn with Ben & Lisa, Mike W, Caroline & Paul; Pizza Express for dinner, then pub crawl (whiskey!) with Ben, Mike and Paul.
- Sun (London): Andy ran in Greenwich with Mel; Met Louise, James & Suzanne at Cutty Sark, Greenwich (boat, then pub, for lunch); River boat out to Woolwich, then walk back along river; Met Dave T in Greenwich pub for preprandial, then curry for dinner; Cup of tea with Dave & Caroline at their home.
- Mon (London/Cork/Kerry): Minicab to Heathrow, then flew to Cork; Met by Bob; Drove to Kenmare (Kerry); Holly & Chris relax, whilst Andy & Bob explore high street and local stone circle; Staying in O'Donnabhains on Henry Street.
- Tue (Kerry): Kenmare to Portmagee, via Staigue Fort; Skellig Michael boat trip - splendid trip despite English dickhead and Holly getting seasick; Staying in The Olde Forge, Caherdaniel.
- Wed (Kerry): Derrynane House (Daniel O'Connell) and beach; Abbey Island; Staying in Virginia's B&B, Kenmare.
- Thu (Kerry/Cork): Chris walked cross-country from Kenmare to Glengarriff, via Bonane Heritage Park, whilst Andy, Holly & Bob drove around the Beara Peninsula; Met at The Blue Loo Pub; Staying in Aran Lodge, Ballinlickey.
- Fri (Cork): Exploring Bantry (town and market) and Bantry House in the rain; Staying in Aran Lodge, Ballinlickey; Frightening walk to The Bridge pub.
- Sat (Cork): To Mizen Head for spectacular views of... the fog; Baltimore castle and pirate exhibition; Staying in Rolf's Country House, Baltimore.
- Sun (Cork): Baltimore Beacon; Drombeg Stone Circle; James' Fort; Staying in Tierney's Guesthouse, Kinsale.
- Mon (Cork): Desmond Castle; Charles Fort; Dinner at Fishy Fishy; Staying in Tierney's Guesthouse, Kinsale.
- Tue (Cork/West Midlands): Fota Wildlife Park; Flew from Cork to Birmingham; Met by Coral & John; To Lichfield by train and taxi (rail chaos!).
- Wed (West Midlands): Erasmus Darwin's House; Lichfield Cathedral; Lynda, Keith & Joseph join us for curry in Lichfield.
- Thu (West Midlands): Met Mark K for shopping and picnic; Curry in Brownhills for dinner.
- Fri (West Midlands/Dublin/Wexford): Met Lyndy at Birmingham Airport, then flew to Dublin; Bus to Wexford; BBQ at Jamestown, with Bob & Charlotte and family.
- Sat (Wexford): Shop schlep around Wexford town in the morning; The Party! in the evening: powercuts and raspberry larks.
- Sun (Wexford/Dublin): Jamestown for morning; Bus from Wexford to Dublin; Staying in Bob's house (Oaklands Crescent).
- Mon (Dublin): South Circular walk; Kilmainham Gaol; Marsh's Library; Dinner at Marie & Colin's house (with Gareth, Mary & Sam).
- Tue (Dublin): Chris S gave us behind-the-scenes tour of National Library of Ireland; The Little Museum of Dublin; Dinner at Daphne & Dan's house (with Jim & Pippa, Phillip, Ronan and Claire).
- Wed/Thu/Fri (Dublin/Frankfurt/Hong Kong/Auckland/Wellington): Andy hits the Dublin shops one last time in the morning whilst Chris & Holly pack up; Hong Kong Queeny!
Photos on Flickr: July, 2016.
¤ Copyright 1999-2019 Chris Molloy ¤ All rights reserved ¤